Sunday, June 03, 2007

Short letters to things that may not respond

Dear hands,

Play with confidence. Practice. Doing these things will only make you better. The zills and the drum will not bite, they are something to be worked with not against. Honestly, people will not point and laugh if you mess up.

Love,
Me

* * * * * *

Dear body,

Yes, I am going to schedule a check up, then get those knees looked at. I am sorry I don't take very good care of you. I admit, going to the doctor's makes me scared. I will try to be nicer to you.

Love,
Me

* * * * * *

Dear self,

Admit it, you have to get off your butt. Try really digging into things instead of flitting from item to item. Think of how good you could be if you really, and I mean REALLY, applied yourself. And one last thing. Practice. You know what I'm talking about.

Love,
Me

* * * * * *

Dear new notebook,

You're plain, nothing fancy or expensive. I love you. I love your college ruled pages, the nifty pockets, your three sections. I am excited about filling up your pages. Thank you for indulging my Type A tendencies. Maybe you would like a sticker to dress you up?

Love,
Me

2 comments:

mudcelt said...

Hey Amy-
Love your blog, your letters very much sound like Jillie talking to herself- when i catch her at it i always tell her to "stop talking to my friend like that!" Actually, it seems you are kinder to yourself than she is... but the point of this comment is to ask if we get to see you and Justin this weekend at WesternPA Fairie Fest? It would be awesome if we did! And why not Pennsic *THIS* year?! That would rock!!!
love from the crazy potter & her goggle eyed friend

Amy said...

Sometimes I can be super hard on myself but that's for the me only space - I try to be more productive in public (i.e. who really wants to listen to me whine that much?)

I'm afraid no Western PA FF this year. After weekends of Fairie Fests, Playa del Fuego, and general time off I have to *sigh* work this weekend. Time off is why we wouldn't make Pennsic this year, since our "season" is already booked up (beach camping! family reunion! Triboriginal! Possible roadtrip!). If we can make up our minds soon we can commit to next year no problem!

Thank you for stopping by - send out love to all the creatures out your way, 4 and 2 legged!